Golf Canada - Head Coach - Women's National Amateur and Young Professional Programs
Specialization / Philosophy
Tristan takes a holistic approach in supporting athletes, looking at all facets of their game. Specializing in short game and performance coaching, turning small gains into long term improvement.
Born in Ireland, Tristan began his journey in golf as a competitive player on Irish and Swedish Professional Tours. Tristan has served as a PGA Professional at many world-class facilities, including Royal Portrush. Coaching aspiring athletes has been a constant passion that led to Provincial, University, Professional and National Coaching roles before moving to Canada in 2011. Tristan is a dedicated family man with a love for the outdoors.
- PGA of Canada Class “A” member, PGA of Canada technical advisory board.
- Advanced Member of the PGA of Great Britain & Ireland
- Coach of Canada’s Olympic Golf Team (2016 - Rio de Janeiro)
- Coach of Canada’s Pan American Golf Team 2015 & 2019 (2019 - Bronze Medal)
- Coach of Canada’s World Amateur Teams 2012 - 2020 (2016 – Silver Medal)
- PGA of Canada’s Ben Kern, Coach of the year award (2015)
- Petro Canada’s Coaching Excellence Award (2014)
- Has coached major champions on both the PGA and LPGA Tours, as well as several #1 world-ranked amateurs.